Monday, April 27, 2009

Five Days Prior To Departure Date




Over the weekend there was an outbreak of a virus called the Swine Influenza.

According to the WHO the US has 20 reported laboratory cases of confirmed humam cases of swine influenza. Of these 20 reported cases only one requried brief hospitalization. There have been no associated deaths reported in the US.


In Mexico the issue is more serious. A report from CNN, stated from the Ministry of Health the official death toll was at 86 and 5 more deaths in Mexico City had been reported.

Canada has confirmed 6 reports of infection, but do not have associated fatalities.

Other countries which are investigating suspect claims include; New Zealand, Spain, and Israel.

Some countries have sent advisories to limit travel to the US and Mexico. The Frankfurt airport has been screening and interviewing people coming off the plane who appear to be showing signs of illness.

At this point, my trip is still on. I will have to look into packing some masks with my neck pillow. I may also look into getting those masks worn by haz mat crew. If that fails I guess I can bring a roll of duct tape the little blower vent above my seat on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment