Saturday, May 23, 2009

Planes Trains Automobiles...what? hairdryers!?

Today is the last full Saturday I will be in Germany. It's been a great trip so far, but phew...it has really been exhausting.

So I decided to take it down a bit. I went to the Sinsheim Technical Museum. I went with Stephen and Chad. We had a good time. When we got there, we started off with a beer, and then saw the 3D movie of "Fly Me to the Moon" it was animated, and it was in German. It was so funny, because watched this movie as if I really understood the dialog. (There were no English subtitles) I could understand about 30% of the conversation.

We then walked around the museum. All I have to say is the Air and Space museum in DC has nothing on this museum. The exhibits were fantastic. We saw the "Concord" and the "Concordski" on giant stands, and we were able to board the planes. It was pretty wild, as you got to the cockpit of the Air France Concord you could feel it swaying because of the wind blowing.

I saw so many incredible planes, trains and automobiles, but I did not expect to see hairdryers from the '50's that had existed in hair salons.

The cars were very impressive they were original cars in mint condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment